Norfolk Ceilidhs were being held at the John innes Centre until March 2020, when Covid 19 put a stop to them. We restarted on 08/10/2021, as Mardles Ceilidhs at the Costessey Centre, Longwater Lane, NR8 5AH. Many of the Mardles team helped make Norfolk Ceilidhs possible by playing, calling and organizing.
Covid points to note, please -
- Please only attend if you are completely well and have been double vaccinated or had a negative test in the previous 48hrs
- We will ask you to hand sanitise before each dance, please bring your own. Wearing a mask is optional
- The doors will be open so bring something warm to wear in between dances
- We won't be doing any dances such as Lucky 7 which involve mass partner swapping or handclapping
- We will only hold hands with partners - hand holding with others will be replaced with elbow swings or hands on shoulders or Do Si Dos etc
- People can come without partners but we would encourage them to dance with the same person for at least half the evening
Other points -.
- We will be starting dancing at 19:30 and finishing at 21:45 because we have to be out of the car park by 22:30
- There is no bar at the hall but there is a kitchen with mugs, kettles and glasses. You are welcome to bring your own drinks, including tea and coffee but please wash up at the end!
- If you bring alcohol then there is a corkage fee of £1 per 500ml can which we will have to pay to the Whitwell Railway as they hold the drinks licence for the hall. There will be a tub for you to put your cash fee into or you can pay it in advance when you buy your tickets. The licence holder will run a bar but we would have to guarantee them a high minimum turnover.
|Date (Friday at 19:30)||Band||Caller|
|08/10/2021||The Keel Band||Ken May|
|03/12/2021||The Marisca Trio||Jon Hooton|
|11/03/2022||The Hosepipe Band|
|02/12/2022||The Marisca Trio||Jon Hooton|
- Labour party held dances
- Reeldance Organization held dances at Keir Hardy Hall on St Gregory's Alley until 2014
- Norfolk Ceilidhs at John Innes Centre from 2015 to 2020